Thursday, August 02, 2007

It can always get worse... can't it?!?

Yes, I've been on hiatus. I'm back long enough to complain and then head to bed.

My brother got married. yay for him! His new wife, somewhat-amazingly already had the same last name as he, so she's just added the "Mrs." in front of her name. Comical.

While we were gone for the wedding, my car got broken into. I keep remembering things that were in there that were stolen. Let's just say it would have been cheaper to park the car at the airport and swallow the $30 or $40 for parking than it will be to replace all that stuff. sigh. My biggest fear, however, was not realized: our kiddies' car seats were not in this car at the time so they weren't stolen (nor were any of our strollers). yay! I think they stole some of my audio tapes -- COME ON, PEOPLE! -- audio tapes?!?!?! That was what upset me the most because some of them are special (yes, I know, illegal) mixes from long ago, long time, or generally just special-on-their-own friends... Ok, to recap so I can help myself remember, I am now missing my
  • car owner's manual (but they left the registration and proof of insurance, how thoughtful) (replacement cost???)
  • $5 in laundry quarters
  • all my dry cleaning receipts
  • every bit of spare change (maybe $2 worth) in my ash tray -- and they had to look hard for that
  • the "special required tool" that VW thoughtfully made to prevent theft of my wheels. Oh, note to self, check if hubcaps/wheels are still on car (replacement cost???)
  • floppy seat ($45)
  • fastrak transponder ($20 if I do not send in the police report)
  • box of diapers ($25)
  • various food items from costco ($25)
  • random audio tapes (priceless, lol)
They did leave my stereo and my son's first-ring-bearer boutonniere . Thanks, guys!

In other news, I got pulled over by the police for a burned out headlight. I guess the bright side (haha) is that now when I take my car to get the windows replaced, they can do the headlight at the same time??

Little girl has had an awful rash which is finally clearing up. Had blood work done and since I haven't heard from the doctor yet (it's been 24 hours) I'm assuming all is well. She's been kind of unhappy, however.

And I'm going to be really unhappy if I don't get to bed soon. :) goodnight!

No comments: