Let me tell you how God has been trying to get my attention.
I just finished reading Sunrise and Summer by Karen Kingsbury. Yay. I really like her books. I won't ruin it (totally) for you in case you are planning to read these, so I will only borrow from Karen's website regarding Summer. Part of the story line includes the Baxter family learning that Ashley and Kari are both pregnant, but an ultrasound reveals that something is wrong with one of the babies. As the family deals with this problem, a theme of God displaying His glory and His miracles in a way that the family doesn't expect -- maybe even doesn't want -- is visited several times.
Hm.
A few weeks ago I heard a woman discussing Psalm 46:10: "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." She only discussed this for a few minutes, but I wanted her to go on and on. She was so awesome! With a 3 year old and a 1 year old, I don't always know what "still" is. It was a good reminder of something that I learned a few years back. The way I feel does not change who God is.
Hm.
So between both of these things and being at the end of my personally available rope (gee, I think God gets the credit for getting me there to get my attention) I realized something. Baby #2 not sleeping through the night has been a blessing. Let me explain. With Baby #1, he started sleeping through the night somewhere around 12 weeks old, and we never looked back. Baby #2 also started sleeping through the night early enough (I forget when exactly) but after we transitioned her to sleep in #1's room, she started waking up at night. Not every night, and you can't quite predict when or why, but.... Yuck! I recently realized that actually this is a blessing. I'm on guard all night for her because she's so unpredictable. And if I weren't on guard for her, I would get so focused on myself that... well, let's just say it could get ugly. So what a blessing that God KNEW I needed something other than myself to worry about at night and He gave it to me in the form of a sleepless child. Really, it sounds crazy when I can't go into detail but it really make sense to me. God was saving me from myself. Thanks, God!
I thought I had one other thing to say but I can't remember it now. Oh well. That's enough. :)
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment