Thursday, June 05, 2008

heart melts

Today I had a meltdown in front of my two kids. My daughter was on my lap and I'm sure it's the first time she's seen me cry. She just starts laughing. That made me smile. "You're crying? The show will go on!" It was cute.

The better part was that my son brought me his favorite toy "Here Mommy! Here Mommy! Here!" while I was still on the phone crying and then he started "washing the dishes" for me. He's never done that before, never even mentioned it so it was completely out of the blue. It was even more sweet because, of course, he is too tall to really see and reach into the sink; there were no dishes in the sink, and he was just rubbing the inside of the sink with the long-handled sponge brush, saying "Mommy, look, I'm washing the dishes for you! Look, Mommy, Look!" He was so proud of himself.

Now that's priceless.

1 comment:

debbiearnn said...

so...what exactly was it that you were having a meltdown about?