Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm sad, and it feels dumb

I just found out -- shockingly -- that my "regular" Starbucks is closing. (Not that there is actually any regularity to it, which, come to think of it, may be why it's closing.) I had looked over all the lists and saw that none of my usual suspects are closing. So imagine my surprise when I read a fellow blogger's post that said MY location is closing. Obviously this was operator error (me being the operator) and it wasn't the full, 600-store list that I looked at originally. So that's what made it shocking. I thought I was "safe" but alas.... I'm not. There are three stores within walking distance from my house, but this one was the nicest one; in the nicest area, in the direction I almost always go... Anyway, I'll just go to Peet's a few blocks away, now, instead of the complete other direction to stay with Starbucks. It's just so wrong! The other ones are always infested with the weirdest, smelliest people; too crowded for me and my double stroller AND all those weirdos.

Goodbye, Starbucks.

No comments: