I've been really inspired by Freebies4Mom, MoneySavingMom, The Centsible Sawyer, Deal Seeking Mom.... Anyway I took a little trip to Walmart today and guess what I got?
Two Powerade 32 oz bottles: $.70 each including CRV
with one $.75 coupon and one $1.00 off coupon: I made $.35!
CleanTeam flushable kid wipes: $1.64 each
THREE coupons for $3 off/2
SIX packages at $.07 each!
Scrubbing Bubbles starter kit $4.92
With rebate: FREE!
Two bottles of Pert Plus $4.34 each
Two coupons for a total of $5 off
$5 mail-in rebate
I'll make $3.32
Also, they had this huge display of Clean & Clear face wash for $3.48. It rang up at $4.77 so I went over to customer service, and after some hemming and hawing they gave me the "advertised" price (and promptly changed the advertised price). With a $1 off coupon, It was only $2.48 for a product that is normally $4.77! yay!
A bunch of the other deals mentioned on those mom blogs weren't for sale, or the prices at my WalMart were so high that it still wasn't a very good deal for me to buy the stuff even WITH my coupons. Sadness. :(
This is the problem with living in an urban area. Often I get a great coupon or read about a great deal, but my local Safeway, WalMart or Target stores are so small that they don't carry the product. Lame! Time to move to the burbs!
While we're on the topic, let me rant about Walgreens. I went in to get some of their "free" products last week (free w/ rebate) ~ well guess what? THEY AREN'T FREE! The max amount on the rebate is less than the actual sale price at the store. Uh.... no thanks!
So.... at the end of my WalMart shopping trip (and my rebate!), I will have spent $2.40 for 15 items! I'm so excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment