I don't want to forget this..... I'm going to try the Crockpot Whole Grain Breakfast Cereal instead of the tasty Coach's Oats we've been eating every morning. Talk about a no-fuss breakfast! yes! I am fired up.
Went to Safeway tonight after bedtime so NO KIDS. I was able to wander up and down the aisles and look at what was on sale to match up with my coupons. Of course now that I have discovered the Nourishing Gourmet I wish I hadn't bought half of that stuff but... oh well. After all the sales and coupons I saved 44%. I've got to tell you I wasn't too excited about that number since I had about $16.25 in coupons ~ yes, JUST COUPONS!! That's pretty good for me. The two best deals:
Simple Harvest granola bars
reg $4.29
on sale 2/$5
$1/1 coupons (lots)
final price: $1.50 each
Rice Dream
reg $2.29
on sale $1.50
$1/4 (on the box!! score!!)
final price: $1.25 each
The one thing I did buy without a coupon or a sale was sausage. I'm treating my DH for his birthday. That's true love. (Aren't I nice?) :-P
I did notice at Safeway that entire sections of refrigerated cases were empty and covered with plastic: eggs, cheese, yogurt, lunch meat, hot dogs. The list is pretty long. When it was my turn at the checkout line (the only one open at 10 pm on Saturday night!) I came face to face with the uber-efficient chip-on-my-shoulder sarcastic checker (this is my neighborhood store, I have opinions on most of the employees). I like him for his efficiency but sometimes think he could, well, spark up his personality a little bit. Anyway he was shocked with my 15 coupons that ALL rang up properly (yes I check my coupons in advance!) so I thought I might be in his good graces.
Me: "So, can you give me the 3-second shpiel on what's up with all the refrigerated cases being empty?"
checker: "oh sure. I got really hungry and ate up everything in all the cases."
Me: [without missing a beat] "oh yes, I did notice you put a sign up that said "I O U 1 Cheese" so I see how that could have happened."
And that's all she wrote, folks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment