Thursday, December 04, 2008

Watch that mouth, Momma!


Tonight on the way home from an evening out with pretty disobedient kids (just the icing on the cake of disobedient-kid-day), the following conversation took place.

Mom: I'm tired of you kids not obeying right away. It makes me sad.
4 y/o: Mommy, if you are tired of me not obeying you should go take a nap.
Mom: I would love to take a nap, but I don't think it will help you do a better job at obeying. Do you think it would help?
4 y/o: No...

whoops. Lord, please help me love my family no matter how I feel or how they act. Thank you for being a perfect example of unconditional love, and help me have even a teeny tiny portion of that unconditional love for my husband and my kids.

1 comment:

debbiearnn said...

Just in the past couple of weeks, God has shown me that I need to show more love and forgiveness to my children. I often get so frustrated that I forget to let them know that I love them no matter what they do. It's tough, but I am making a conscious effort to keep my mouth shut when I'm frustrated...and to discipline in love.